Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Drain water from pan; place squash shells cut side up in pan and.
Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Get 2-4 whole acorn squash
- Make ready 1 stick Butter
- Make ready Pinch Fresh Herbs
- Prepare 2-4 cups Brown sugar
- Get Dash Honey
- Make ready 1 box/bag Brown rice and/or Quinoa (or leftover if available)
- Take 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Make ready 1 Sweet Orange pepper
- Get 1 Sweet Yellow pepper
- Get 1 yellow onion
- Prepare Leftover turkey
- Take Leftover corn
- Get Leftover stuffing
- Make ready Leftover cranberry sauce
- Get Leftover Marshmallows
- Take Baked Squash Seeds
Split squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds. Combine stuffing, apples, cranberries, cinnamon and butter in a small bowl and stir to mix. FIll cavities of acorn squash with stuffing mixture. Wrap each half of squash in a piece of foil, place all of them on a baking sheet and bake for one hour.
Instructions to make Thanksgiving Leftover Baked Acorn Squash:
- Preheat Oven to 375°. Wash and cut acorn squash into halves. Scoop out all the seeds and set aside. Place squash onto a baking sheet or dish. Cut stick of butter, placing 2-3 pats into each squash half according to size. Add a pinch of leftover herbs from making your Thanksgiving Turkey, I had some thyme leftover, but use what you have and/or prefer. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step and cut the time in half!)
- Next, place 1/2 cup brown sugar into each squash half on top of the butter and herbs. Drizzle honey across each squash along the edges and inside middles. Place in the oven for 30-35 to soften up while you prepare the filling. *(If you already have leftover cooked acorn squash halves then skip this step!)
- Slice yellow and orange peppers and sweet onion. Saute veggies in oil, then make the rice and/or quinoa according to instructions. *(We didnt have rice or quinoa leftover from our feast so I used a one skillet meal starter with quinoa and brown rice. If you have leftover rice or quinoa to use then skip this step!)
- When skillet mix is finished, add leftover turkey (shredded or diced) to the mix. Add leftover corn also and mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Remove acorn squash from heat and allow to cool slightly, while you make the baked seeds.
- Leave oven at 375°. Remove all seeds from squash insides and place into a bowl. Wash and rinse well. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray and lay seeds out into a flat layer. Spray a layer of cooking spray across the tops of seeds. Immediately after spraying, dust tops with cinnamon and sugar. Bake for 15-20 mins until toasty. Then remove and let cool. *(If you already have some baked seeds use what you have and skip this step!)
- Now, using a spoon place leftover stuffing and quinoa/rice mix with leftover turkey and corn into the baked acorn squash halves.
- Finally, Preheat the oven to 400°. Place a scoop of leftover cranberry sauce onto each mixture filled acorn squash half. Top with leftover marshmallows (if you use these from your sweet potato recipes) and drizzle honey across tops. Place into Oven.
- Bake stuffed acorn squash for 25-35 mins until marshmallow is melted and insides are warm. Remove from heat. Top with baked seeds. Serve & Enjoy!
FIll cavities of acorn squash with stuffing mixture. Wrap each half of squash in a piece of foil, place all of them on a baking sheet and bake for one hour. If you don't have any squash leftover, you can roast some up just for the fritters. Halve a medium-sized acorn squash and scoop out the seeds. Brush the cut side of the squash with some olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper, and some brown sugar.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food thanksgiving leftover baked acorn squash recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!